In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!
Powered by RS Web Solutions
THE CHIJ ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
The Chij Alumni Association began its roots 83 years ago when former pupils of theConvent of the Holy Infant Jesus formed the Convent Old Girls' Association in September 1926. Despite the ravage and disruptions of the Second World War, the Association managed to reinvent itself after the war in September 1950, and was renamed the Old Pupils’ Association.
In 1983, The Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus Old Girls’ Association became formally registered as a society. Town Convent as a school had to move from Victoria Street to Toa Payoh when the public MRT System was planned to run through the historic site. The loyalty and unity of ex-IJ girls were brought to the fore when they banded together in their mission to “preserve the dignity of their old school site”. With time, the entire site was declared a historic conservation area and in 1996, Town Convent reopened under the name of CHIJMES.
On 11th July 1997, The Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus Old Girls' Association was ultimately named The CHIJ Alumni Association.